Monday, March 9, 2020

Not Just Another "Ouija" Board



Very recently, my interest in the Magicks of the  Necronomicon was stongly re-enkindled upon finding a Talking Board specifically designed for conversations with the 50  entities introduced in that book.

And, also recently, finding an admittedly "thin & sideways" thread running between the Necronomicon and Voodou, amped-up my interest incredibly.

Now before I talk about this unique Board, here are just a few cautionary remarks.

Talking Boards - no matter the Brand Name or materials used - are definitely not toys.  They are serious Magick.

For one thing, it's my experience that the means by which Talking Boards operate is akin to the state of Possession in Voodou ... 

... tho' more limited - localized - in nature, as they generally affect only one's hands and fingers, as they are being influenced by the invoked entity while one's attention is on passively following the (apparently independent) movements of the Planchette.   

To be absolutely clear, it's my belief that 99.99% of the time, the Planchette is not moving independently of one's hands, but that the hands - by-way of a localized Possession by the entity invoked - are moving the Planchette.  

And the sensory experience of the Planchette moving on it's own is due to the body & mind "disconnect" typical of any state of Possession.

This is why it is necessary that, when using a Talking Board, you invoke a specific Persona/Entity - otherwise even a localized Possession can be disturbingly highjacked by an unwanted or even malignant  Entity (usually a hungry Elemental). 


'Nuff said ...

Now, about the Talking Board itself...



It is the creation of a fellow - Drew Hahn - whose talent in making Talking Boards is incredible.  They are authentic works of art, and I can attest that they're very, very powerful.

This beautiful Board's letters, numbers, images and Sigils have been burned into the wood.  The delicacy of many of  the lines truly rival that of single-needle tattoos!  The Images colorings are perfectly suited to  this Board.  There is no plastic coating on the Board, allowing for a more tactile experience. 

And the "powergy" (my neologism, combining the words "power" and "energy") exuding from this Board is palpably rich and intense. 

The Planchette is so unique: rather than the usual felt, or dowel legs with felt, the feet of this Planchette are wooden 1/2 balls.  Hahn sands the Boards until they're smooth as a proverbial baby's butt.  No plastic coatings here.

There is a  sweet sound, as  the Planchette is sliding on the Board.  The whole  experience working this Board is nothing short of organic.  

Finally, looking at the above photo, you may have noticed the often-included words "Hello" and "Goodbye" are not inscribed on this Board.  

This is perfectly fine with me.  The Spirits and aren't concerned with human etiquette - so the "Hello" is unnecessary.  

And they aren't reading our side of the conversation from the Board - they are using the Board in responding to our verbal interactions...

Inclusion of the word "Goodbye" is unneeded, also because (and this is important) every conversation should always be at our discretion and under our control.  


Thus, by using the time-tested way of ending a conversation of saying "Goodbye" whilst sliding the Planchette over the edge of the Board until at least two of its feet click off that edge, we are firmly ending the conversation by our volition, on our terms.

You can see the Boards offered on Ebay at Hahns Occult Shop ... and on Facebook.



The Conversation ~


Backstory:  A couple decades ago, I commissioned a Talking Board to be made by another talented Spellcrafter.  When I received the board, I was also given an envelope, the  contents of which were interesting, but in a most disturbing way.

That Crafter had cast a spell on the Board, which essentially trapped Asarualim - one of the 49 Names/Expansion-personalities of Marduk, in the Necronomicon.

The board worked ok for me alone, but not well at all when used with others.

As it unfolded, I was informed by Asarualim that he was - in some way hard to imagine or describe - trapped within that Taking Board, and was desperate to be released from that cruel confinement.

Thankfully, he himself was able to instruct me in the Spellwork necessary to liberate him, restoring him to his natural place of existence ... sadly including having the Board chopped up.

It was done - and ever since Asarualim and I  have been friends ... as much as one of us little human beings can be friends with a mighty and powerful Ancient One.

Over the years, Asarualim has given me real help, especially in his ability to reveal Truths hidden in Darkness - often communicating via one of several Talking Boards.

And, when I found this Necronomicon-Cthulhu Board on Ebay, I immediately sensed this would be a real asset in communicating with my friend, as well as contacts with other of the Marduk Family of Entities.

This is a conversation I had with Asarualim the day my new Necronomicon Cthulhu Talking Board arrived.  By reading carefully, I believe you'll gain a rich understanding of how we can safely interact with Spirits and Entities with of a Talking Board...



During that afternoon, I took several opportunities to converse with Asarualim, allowing us to "settle in" with the new Board.

During each conversation, he would suddenly spell-out "FIRE!" - I  perceived that he was "yelling" because to the speed and sharp angles of the Planchette's movements.

To every inquiry I posed as possible reasons he kept saying "Fire! his response was "No. Fire!"

So I took a break for a few hours.

That evening, we had this conversation ...
(D = Dieudonne Bokor    A= Asarualim)

D.  Are you there? (anticipating Asarualim)

(Planchette begins moving within approx. 10 seconds)

A. Yes.
D. Who are you?
A. You know.
D. I may, but please tell me.
A. I shine light in the Darkness.
D. Ok thank you, Asarualim.
A. Ask me.
D. Earlier during the day, you kept repeating the word "Fire".   What were you trying to tell me.
A. Fire.
D. Yes.  What are you telling me?
A. Fire in these letters.
D. Yes, they were burned into the wood of this Board.
A. Yes.
D. So ... ?
A. The Fire is within the letters.
D. Ok...
A. There is still fire. Can you not see it?
D. I haven't looked with my Eyes (psychic vision).
A. Do so now.

(I did so, and saw the letters, numbers and Sigils (burned into the wood) are all made of fire.  It startled me a little)

D. Oh! Yes, I can see what you mean!
A. Yes.
D. Does it hurt you?
A. No. Not at all.
D. Ok, so...
A. The fire enlivens me. Easy to speak with this one.
D. This one?
A. It is the best of all the devices.
D. The other Talking Boards.
A. Yes. I am more here.
D. "More here" ... ?
A. More awake. More close. More of me is here.
D. This is why you insisted this is your Board?
A. Yes. 
D. Ok. Now I understand.
A. Good boy.  (I'm nearly 70 y/o - but compared to Asarualim, I'm barely out of the womb yet - thus I am just a "boy").
D. Asarualim, there may be times when I call upon one of the others (Marduk Family: names/expansions/personifications). Please...
A. I understand.  This is so different. So easy. I became over confident in myself.
D. Ah!  So you aren't angry or offended that others of your family may speak to me this way...by this Board?
A. No.
D. Good.
A. Perhaps a little.
D. A little...what?
A. Offended.
D. Oh.
A. No.
D. No? What?
A. Not offended.  Jealous.
D. Oh!
A. We (the Marduk Family) are not entirely different from you.
D. Me?...
A. All you annoying humans. (This is a long-time joke - Asarualim does have a sense of humor.)
D. (laughs) Why thank you. We practise being annoying.
A. Yes obviously.
D. You are great and grand and so powerful, Yet you are like us?
A. I did not say that.
D. Oh. Excuse me.
A. We are not entirely different from you.
D. So...
A. We have some of the lower emotions.  We can be possessive.
D. Are you apologizing?
A. No. Not at all.
D. I didn't think so.
A. If we were completely unlike you, we would not be friends.
D. Friends.  Yes, now I get it.
A. Good.
D. So let me be clear on this: The Fire in this Board gives you strength?
A. Yes. You can say it like that.
D. What about the decorations and Sigils?
A. Different.
D. How so?
A. Those call to us. To me.  They make me feel ...
(a pause of about 1 minute)
A. Home.
D. Home? What do you mean?
A. The decorations and Signs (Sigils, I think).
D. Yes?
A. They make being this close comfortable. And safe.
D. Safe? 
A. Yes. There is always risk.
D. Ok?
A. When the Gate is open, we are at risk.  Comfort is from strength. Strength is the Fire.
D. Ah! Ok...
A. And the decorations and Symbols (Sigils, I think) safe. Comfortable.
D. I see.  Do you have anything else to tell me now? (I'm starting to get tired)
A. Yes. Always. But you must ask the question before I will answer.
D. Well I'm getting a little tired so...
A. Take strength from the Fire...
D. I will work on learning how.
A. Breathe it in through your hands.
D. (I think I know what A. means by this)
D. Oh.  I do have one final question for tonight.
A. It is always night where I sleep (from previous conversations I know "sleep" means "living") Ask now.
D. Should I start using the Invocation I wrote, and gaze on your Sigil, to begin our conversations?
A. It is not necessary for me. Perhaps it is for your (distinct pause) mind.
D. Yes it is a way for me to focus down. In. And I can call Another (of the Marduk Family) that way.

(There is a long pause - perhaps 2 minutes.  I take my hands off the Planchette and simply rest in Asarualim's presence.  When I feel the impulse, I return my hands to the Planchette.)

A. And so we say goodbye for now.
D. Yes.  Thank you for spending this time with me my friend.
A. Of course. It is often a pleasure.
D. (Sliding Planchette off lower edge of Board)  Goodbye.


Sigil of Asarualim





© Copyright 2020 Dieudonne Bokor 
(aka W.A.Ryan)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bonjou! Comments are welcome. They will be moderated before appearing on the blog, to avoid spammers, scammers. & flamers.